Why Complicate Things?

Why Complicate Things?



John 5:15
The man departed and told the Jews that it was Jesus who had made him well.
NKJV

How quickly this man was turned into a witness for the Lord; it was the same day! Sure, he still had problems in his life, but he didn't let those things hinder his witness. He began to tell people about Jesus who had healed him and made him whole. He was very sincere, very simple and unhindered by problems of the past.
I think sometimes we try to complicate things when it comes to telling people about Jesus when it's really very simple. One of the most powerful tools we have in sharing our faith is simply telling people what Jesus has done in our own lives–the simple yet compelling testimony of God's goodness. We should tell everyone what God has done in our lives and we should begin to do it one by one. Let's not stop until the whole world hears.

Verse of the Day

The Attribute Of God

Exo 15:11  Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods? who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders? 

Isa 55:8  For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. 

Isa 55:9  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. 

Pause to reflect on these affirmations about the person, powers, and perfection of God. 

The Work of God

Psa 92:5  O LORD, how great are thy works! and thy thoughts are very deep. 

Psa 92:6  A brutish man knoweth not; neither doth a fool understand this. 

Psa 92:7  When the wicked spring as the grass, and when all the workers of iniquity do flourish; it is that they shall be destroyed for ever: 

Psa 145:18  The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth. 

Psa 145:19  He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them. 

Psa 145:20  The LORD preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy. 

Take a moment to consider the greatness of God’s wonderful works.

The Relationship to God

Mat 5:13  Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. 

Mat 5:14  Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 

Mat 5:15  Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 

Mat 5:16  Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. 

1Co 3:16  Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 

Pause to thank God for the relationship that you enjoy with Him in Jesus Christ.

The Character I Want to Cultivate 

Deu 8:12  Lest when thou hast eaten and art full, and hast built goodly houses, and dwelt therein; 

Deu 8:13  And when thy herds and thy flocks multiply, and thy silver and thy gold is multiplied, and all that thou hast is multiplied; 

Deu 8:14  Then thine heart be lifted up, and thou forget the LORD thy God, which brought thee forth out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage; 

Take a

Pro 16:18  Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall. 

Take a moment to ask the Lord for the grace to grow in godly character 

My Relationship to Others

Psa 133:1  A Song of degrees of David. Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! 

Joh 17:21  That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. 

Joh 17:22  And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: 

Joh 17:23  I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. 

Pause to review your relationships with others and to commit them to the Lord.

Life Lesson: We should tell others what Jesus has done in our lives.
Dear God,
Thank You for saving me. Empower me to be a witness to the ends of the world, starting in my home, my neighborhood and my work. I once was blind and now I see. Help me to keep it simple.
I pray this in Jesus' name. Amen.
Living to tell what He died to say.

Kindly Share, like and Leave a Comment 

Tags

Post a Comment

0Comments
Post a Comment (0)