Save Yourself the Heartache

 Save Yourself the Heartache


Monday, August 12th 2024

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you”—this is the Lord’s declaration—“plans for your well-being, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.


Colossians 2:8 Don't let anyone lead you astray with empty philosophy and high sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the evil powers of this world, and not from Christ.
NLT


Many of us know Jeremiah 29:11 and are often encouraged by the fact that God has a plan for our life, but shortly, we find ourselves pushing our agenda rather than submitting to His. We boldly stand up, puff out our chest, and proclaim, "I've got it, God...I know you have a plan, but mine is better." Friend, we cannot run our lives better than our Lord.


In our hands, our lives will be filled with pain, heartaches, and suffering.

In the hands of God, we will find forgiveness, grace, and love.
Unfortunately, the world does not realize this truth and often tries to replace God's way with its own.


For instance, we find proms encouraging and even celebrating homosexual couples who attend.

In schools around our country, students are taught that they are little more than evolved pond scum and that right and wrong are whatever you want it to be.

These same schools then sit back in shock as students struggle with violence, suicide, and STDs

There is a better way, and that way is found in God's Word.
Friend, there is a fantastic life out there waiting for you, but it comes when we submit to God's way rather than our own.


In Christ, we can have life and have it "abundantly." Choose this moment to submit to God's plan.

I promise - you won't be disappointed.


Life Lesson: Save yourself the heartache by submitting to God's preferred way.


Dear Father,
Thank You for loving me. Lord, forgive me for the times I have chosen to go my way rather than submit to You. I understand now that I was wrong and that Your way is far greater. 

Father, teach me through Your Word and fill me with the Holy Spirit so I might live a life wholly dedicated and submitted to You.
In Jesus' name, Amen.


Living to tell what He died to say,
Pastor David McGee
Senior Pastor
The Bridge

 

Post a Comment

0 Comments