You who are the Glory of Israel do not lie or change Your mind

The Attributes of God



You, O God, are not a man, that You should lie,

or a son of man, that You should change Your mind

Have You spoken and not done it?

Have You promised and not fulfilled it?

(Numbers 23:19)

You who are the Glory of Israel do not lie or change Your mind,

 for You are not a man, that You should mind.

(1 Samuel 15:29)

Pause to reflect on these affirmations about the person, powers and perfection of God.


The Works of God 

One generation shall praise Your works to another.

O Lord, and shall declare Your mighty acts.

I will meditate on the glorious splendor of Your majesty

and on Your wonderful works.

Many shall speak of the might of Your awesome works.

and I will proclaim Your great deeds.

(Psalm 145:4–6)

Who is a God like You, who pardons iniquity

and forgives the transgression of the remnant of Your inheritance?

You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy.

You will have compassion on Your people;

You will tread their iniquities underfoot

and hurl all their sins into the depths of the Sea.

(Micah 7:18-19)

Take a moment to consider the greatness of God's wonderful works

My Relationship to God

You lifted me out of the slimy pit, O God.

out of the mud and mire;

You set my feet on a rock

and gave me a firm place to stand.

You put a new song in my mouth,

a hymn of praise to You, my God.

Many will see and fear and put their trust in You,

O Lord. (Psalm 40:2-3)

I shall know the truth, and the truth shall set me free. Every-

one who commits sin is a slave of sin. And a slave has no

permanent place in the family, but a child belongs to it for-

ever. So if You, the Son of God, set me free, I shall be free

indeed. (John 8:32, 34-36)

Pause to thank God for the relationship that you enjoy with Him in Jesus Christ.

The Character I Want to Cultivate

I will not let love and truth leave me;

I will bind them around my neck

and write them on the tablet of my heart.

(Proverbs 3:3)

The love we have from You, O Lord, is patient, it is kind, it

does not envy; love does not boast, it is not arrogant, it does

not behave rudely; it does not seek its own, it is not provoked, 

it keeps no record of wrongs; it does not rejoice in

unrighteousness but rejoices with the truth; it bears all

things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails. (1 Corinthians 13:4–8)

Take a moment to ask the Lord for the grace to grow in godly character.

My Relationship to Others

I will give generously to others without a grudging heart.

(Deuteronomy 15:10)

I will not withhold good from those to whom it is due,

when it is within my power to act. (Proverbs 3:27)

Pause to review your relationships with others and to commit them to the Lord


JOHN 10:25-30 (NASB)
Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe; the works that I do in My Father’s name, these testify of Me. But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep. My sheep listen to My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give them eternal life, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.”


ROMANS 5:3-5 (NASB)
And not only this, but we also celebrate in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.


ROMANS 8:28-30 (NASB)
And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters; and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.


PHILIPPIANS 1:6 (MEV)
I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Jesus Christ.


HEBREWS 12:1-2 (MEV)
Therefore, since we are encompassed with such a great cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight and the sin that so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us. Let us look to Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.


JAMES 1:2-4 (MEV)
My brothers, count it all joy when you fall into diverse temptations, knowing that the trying of your faith develops patience. But let patience perfect its work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

Post a Comment

0 Comments