Your loyal love endures forever.

The Attributes of God



You are my God, and I will give thanks to You;

You are my God, and I will exalt You.

I will give thanks to You, Lord, for You are good;

Your loyal love endures forever. (Psalm 118:28-29)

You, O God, are the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of

kings and Lord of lords. You alone have immortality and dwell in unapproachable light;

no one has seen You or can see You.

To You be honor and eternal dominion. (1 Timothy 6:15-16)

Pause to reflect on these affirmations about the person, powers and perfection of God.

The Works of God

When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers,

The moon and the stars, which You have set in place,

what is man that You are mindful of him,

and the son of man that You care for him?

You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings

and crowned him with glory and honor.

You made human beings the rulers over the works of Your hands,

and You put everything under their feet. (Psalm 8:3-6)

O Lord of hosts, God of Israel, Enthroned between the cherubim,

You alone are God over all the kingdoms of the earth

You have made heaven and earth. (Isaiah 37: 16)

Take a moment to consider the greatness of God's wonderful works

My Relationship to God O Lord, bless us and keep us;

O Lord, make Your face shine upon and be gracious to us;

O Lord, turn Your face toward us and give us peace. (Numbers 6:24-26)

You have loved me, O God, and called me to be a saint:

You O God my Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ have given me grace and peace. (Romans 1:7)

Pause to thank God for the relationship that you enjoy with Him in Jesus Christ.

The Character I Want to Cultivate

Lord, who may dwell in Your tabernacle?

Who may live on Your holy mountain?

Those who walk uprightly and work righteousness

and speak the truth in their hearts;

They do not slander with their tongues or do evil to their neighbor or take up a reproach against

their friends;

They despise the reprobate but honor those who fear You.

They keep their oath even when it hurts, lend their money without interest and

do not accept bribes against the innocent.

Those who do these things will never be shaken.

(Psalm 15:1-5)

I will let my eyes look straight ahead

and fix my gaze straight before me.

I will ponder the path of my feet

so that all my ways will be established.

I will not turn to the right or to the left

but keep my foot from evil. (Proverbs 4:25-27)

Take a moment to consider the greatness of God's wonderful works.

My Relationship to Others

Friends love at all times;

They are born for times of adversity. (Proverbs 17:17)

We must be devoted to one another in love, honoring one

another above ourselves. (Romans 12:10)

Pause to review your relationships with others and to commit them to the Lord.

Tags

Post a Comment

0Comments
Post a Comment (0)