Path of Life

Path of Life


Psalm 16:11

You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. NKJV

1 Corinthians 16:13

Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong. NKJV

Every person who has ever lived has faced difficult decisions. 

Some decisions are very obvious, while others are not. 

For those of us who are following Christ, we have a great resource for making decisions. 

This resource comes through the relationship we have with Jesus. 

Through His Word and the direction of His Spirit, we are better equipped to walk down the path He desires for us. We can trust the path because He is leading us and loves us, even when the path gets hard.

So, how do we seek the path God desires for us? First, we need to know God's Word. 

Reading His Word, we can understand God's guidelines and promises. 

These will help guide our steps. In those moments where we are unsure, we should seek godly counsel and pray for the Holy Spirit's help in discerning where next to step. 

Finally, we step out in faith, trusting our Lord, who can help us along the way. 

When we trip and fall, God's grace is there to catch us. When we face an obstacle, His strength will help us overcome it. 

When we finally reach our destination, He will personally usher us into His presence. This is the promise we have in Jesus.

Verse of the Day


The Attribute Of God

Deuteronomy 32:39 KJV

See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

2 Chronicles 20:6 KJV

And said, O Lord God of our fathers, art not thou God in heaven? and rulest not thou over all the kingdoms of the heathen? and in thine hand is there not power and might, so that none is able to withstand thee?

Pause to reflect on these affirmations about the person, powers, and perfection of God. 


The Work of God

Romans 1:2-4 KJV

(Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,) [3] Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; [4] And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

Romans 2:25-26 KJV

For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision. [26] Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision?

 Take a moment to consider the greatness of God’s wonderful works.


The Relationship to God

Genesis 25:33-34 KJV

And Jacob said, Swear to me this day; and he sware unto him: and he sold his birthright unto Jacob. [34] Then Jacob gave Esau bread and pottage of lentiles; and he did eat and drink, and rose up, and went his way: thus Esau despised his birthright.

1 Samuel 12:24 KJV

Only fear the Lord, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you.

Pause to thank God for the relationship that you enjoy with Him in Jesus Christ.


The Character I Want to Cultivate 

Proverbs 23:4-5 KJV

Labour not to be rich: cease from thine own wisdom. [5] Wilt thou set thine eyes upon that which is not? for riches certainly make themselves wings; they fly away as an eagle toward heaven.

Philippians 4:11-13 KJV

Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. [12] I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. [13] I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Pause a moment to ask the Lord for the grace to grow in godly character: 


My Relationship to Others

Leviticus 19:17 KJV

Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.

Proverbs 10:12 KJV

Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins.

Pause to review your relationships with others and to commit them to the Lord.

Life Lesson: God will direct our paths as we listen to Him and trust Him.


Prayer of the Day  

Dear God,

I am so thankful for Your guiding hand. 

Not only have You forgiven me of my sins, but You are involved in the details of my life and desire to lead me every day. 

Lord, help me to be sensitive to Your Spirit and knowledgeable of Your Word so that I will make wise decisions.

In Jesus' name. Amen.


Tags

Post a Comment

0Comments
Post a Comment (0)