The Throne of Grace

 The Throne of Grace

Philippians 4:6-7

Philippians 4:6-7
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
NKJV

Prayer is a mighty tool in the hands of a Christian. 

When we pray to God, we step beyond ourselves and enter into conversation with the God of the universe. 

The book of Hebrews states that we should "come boldly to the throne of grace." Imagine... weak and broken, we can come to God's throne boldly, knowing He will hear us.

Unfortunately, we often come to God with our wish lists and plans while missing the greater blessing. 

As we pray to God and lay before Him our thanks and petitions, we begin growing in our faith. 

As we share our heart's desire with Him, we find ourselves desiring His heart. Many times in prayer, it is not our situation that is changed, but rather it is ourselves. 

What joy to know that we can lift our voice to God and, in return, find hope, peace, and a life forever changed.

Today Life Lesson: 

The goal of prayer is not to have God answer according to our desires but for our hearts to be set to receive based on His desires.

Verse of the Day

The Attribute Of God

Psa 96:4  For the LORD is great, and greatly to be praised: he is to be feared above all gods. 
Psa 96:5  For all the gods of the nations are idols: but the LORD made the heavens. 
Psa 96:6  Honour and majesty are before him: strength and beauty are in his sanctuary. 
Psa 96:7  Give unto the LORD, O ye kindreds of the people, give unto the LORD glory and strength. 
Psa 96:8  Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come into his courts. 
Psa 96:9  O worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness: fear before him, all the earth. 

Isa 6:3  And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory. 

Pause to reflect on these affirmations about the person, powers, and perfection of God. 


The Work of God


Psa 145:14  The LORD upholdeth all that fall, and raiseth up all those that be bowed down. 
Psa 145:15  The eyes of all wait upon thee; and thou givest them their meat in due season. 
Psa 145:16  Thou openest thine hand, and satisfiest the desire of every living thing. 
Isa 25:1  O LORD, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth. 
Take a moment to consider the greatness of God’s wonderful works.
The Relationship to God
 Job 19:25  For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: 
Job 19:26  And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: 
Job 19:27  Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me. 
Act 24:15  And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust. 
Act 24:16  And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men. 

Pause to thank God for the relationship that you enjoy with Him in Jesus Christ.

The Character I Want to Cultivate 

2Ch 32:7  Be strong and courageous, be not afraid nor dismayed for the king of Assyria, nor for all the multitude that is with him: for there be more with us than with him: 
2Ch 32:8  With him is an arm of flesh; but with us is the LORD our God to help us, and to fight our battles. And the people rested themselves upon the words of Hezekiah king of Judah. 
Neh 4:14  And I looked, and rose up, and said unto the nobles, and to the rulers, and to the rest of the people, Be not ye afraid of them: remember the Lord, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses. 

Take a moment to ask the Lord for the grace to grow in godly character 

My Relationship to Others

1Sa 12:23  Moreover as for me, God forbid that I should sin against the LORD in ceasing to pray for you: but I will teach you the good and the right way:
Php 2:3  Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. 
Php 2:4  Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. 

Pause to review your relationships with others and to commit them to the Lord.

Prayer for the day 

Dear God,
Thank You for loving me and allowing me to speak to You today. Because of Jesus, I can come to You directly and know You are listening. Father, continue to change my heart and mind into that of Jesus. 

I lift up my family and friends who may not know You. 

Please give me an opportunity to share the Gospel with them today.
In Jesus' name. Amen.

Living to tell what He died to say,


Thanks for reading, May the Lord God Bless you more. 
Kindly share and comment. 
Tags

Post a Comment

0Comments
Post a Comment (0)